TREASURY AND BANK MANAGEMENT
Our Treasury expertise is the natural complement to its activity in debt issues and our executive’s experience of managing banks in Africa. We know that sound treasury practices are a key to catalysing efficient and profitable use of funds throughout African markets.
We provide groundbreaking solutions to our clients’ cash management and local debt needs. Our executives have introduced new products in the Africa markets which have contributed to developing some of Africa’s capital markets. We offer a host of capabilities to meet our clients’ needs:
• Treasury: review a financial institutions' portfolio to provide management technology, advise on cash position and liquidity management, source funding and/or placement in the interbank market,
develop liability management strategies and FX and derivative capabilities.
• Cash Management: provide working capital, cash flow management services to corporate financial controllers and lead training seminars on money market instruments.
• Cash flow and balance sheet hedging
Our executives have managed banks and implemented turn around strategies for banks in several African countries. Africa’s financial institutions offer some of the greatest unlocked value on the continent.
Our services entail:
• Performing a thorough due diligence exercise and set performance targets accordingly
• Advising on the optimal operational structure and personnel management
• Introducing new merchant banking products into historically commercial banks to enable universal banking delivery
• Maintaining a superior cadre of local staff and provide the expertise of our executives to up skill staff to the bank’s optimal profitability
• Mobilising new deposits and fostering long-term client relationships
• Breaking into new areas such as micro- and SME finance.